Seit gestern gibt es den neuen Sonos Roam bei Amazon und anderen Anbietern, dass ist aber nicht die einzige Neuigkeit, die es von Sonos gibt. Auch bietet der Hersteller von Smartspeakern neue Inhalte für sein „Radio“ an.
Sonos Radio & Sonos Radio HD mit neuen Inhalten
In einer Pressemitteilung hat Sonos gestern bekannt gegeben, dass die Nutzer künftig in den Genuss von neuen exklusiven Inhalten kommen. Sonos Radio ist ein kostenloser Service den alle über App nutzen können. Sonos Radio HD hingegen ist nur in den USA und England für 7,99$ verfügbar und bietet im Vergleich höhere Audioqualität und noch ein paar mehr Inhalte.
Im Speziellen findet ihr nun neue Programm Sender, Shows und Radio Hours. Radio Hours sind übrigens ein Format, bei denen die Nutzer direkt neue Musik von den Künstlern vorgestellt bekommen.
Alle Details könnt ihr auch der Pressemitteilung entnehmen, die ich euch hier mal angehängt habe:
Building on an extensive catalogue of unique programming from industry greats, Sonos Radio and Sonos Radio HD introduce new stations, shows and Radio Hours that offer listeners the opportunity to discover new music directly from their favorite artists.
“In just one year, Sonos has built a radio service unlike any other. By providing a platform for artists, DJs, and curators to connect with listeners through stories and songs from their lives, we’ve created a listener experience that feels personal” said Joe Dawson, Director of Content & Brand Platforms at Sonos. “Our original shows and stations take fans on a musical journey through the lens of the curators, offering a glimpse into artists’ inspirations and experiences while bringing people together through the power of music.”
Exclusive Stations Coming to Sonos Radio HD
Sonos Radio HD, the ad-free, high-definition audiotier of Sonos’ popular streaming service, SonosRadio, announces two new artist stations featuringcommentary and hundreds of hand-selectedtracks and 15 new Genre stations for any mood andmusic taste.
– Ghostface Killah’s Blue & Cream station brings listeners inside the creative mind of the founding Wu-Tang member, with his hand-picked beats, soul and R&B tunes. The station is available today, April 20.
– M.I.A.’s OHMNI FM station is curated solely by the internationally acclaimed and respected artist and gesamtkunstwerk herself. Inspired by the people, for the times. Station debuts May 5.
– New Genre Stations will be coming to Sonos Radio HD on an ongoing basis through May and June. The first round of genre stations, including Scarlet Magnolia, Infinite Darkness, Glide Path, New Wave and Drum’n’Bass, launch today, April 20.
Exclusive Programming Coming to Sonos Radio
Available free to all customers globally in the app, Sonos Radio offers listeners opportunities to learn the backstories of songs, genres, and musical eras from well-known and up-and-coming artists. All shows can be streamed on-demand in the in-app archive and on Mixcloud.
New Stations Coming to Sonos Radio
– All Our Sound Radio showcases the best Canadian music and JUNO Awards winners of the past 50 years including Rufus Wainwright, Savannah Ré, Arkells, Corey Hart, July Talk and more, premiering May 5.
– Music for Moms and Cinco de Mayo stations will feature songs for the season, airing May 5.
New Live Event Coming to Sonos Radio
– Live from Van Gelder Studio is an exclusive Sonos Presents audio-stream of a live performance by jazz musicians including Joey DeFrancesco in the legendary Van Gelder Studio. The show will feature a tribute to the famous Van Gelder Studio Organ that’s heard on countless recordings, everyone from Ray Charles to Jimmy Smith. “Our cultural lives are richer because of the work of Mr. Rudy Van Gelder,” said Live from Van Gelder Studio producer Phil Coady. “It’s not a stretch to say that the ‘sound’ of jazz evolved in this studio. In working together with Sonos, we know there’s an end-to-end focus on audio quality in delivering our live-stream to a new audience.” The audio stream will be available under Sonos Presents and the video stream can be found at www.VanGelder.live at 9 p.m. EDT on May 15.
New Shows Coming to Sonos Radio
– Call & Response, hosted weekly by singer-songwriter Adia Victoria, is a defining time capsule of music and culture in this moment, told through conversations with guests about musical lineage, the communal spirit of making and listening to music, and how the ‘sacred pause’ of this time is reverberating into their art. The first episode is available today on the Sonos Sound System Archive and all podcast platforms. New episodes will air on Sonos Sound System every Thursday and will also be available in the Sonos Sound System Archive and on all podcast platforms same-day.
– Always Read the Label is a bi-weekly audio series created in collaboration with Spiritland Productions and hosted by broadcaster and musician Cerys Matthews. Each episode will tell the story of an iconic record label, showcasing the innovative artists and incredible back catalogue associated with them. The first show premieres today, with new episodes airing every other Tuesday on Sonos Sound System as well as the Sonos Sound System Archive and Mixcloud.
– Geoff Barrow’s Brain Cell is hosted by founding member of Portishead, Geoff Barrow, who explores tracks from his years of searching and making music, from West Coast 60’s spoken word to German industrial techno. The show launches April 26, with new episodes airing the last Monday each month on Sonos Sound System.
– Object of Sound with Hanif Abdurraqib is back for a second season, exploring musical topics through personal interviews, profound questions, and unparalleled playlists. Season two launches June 18, with new episodes dropping Fridays on Sonos Sound System and all podcast platforms.
– New Season of Radio Hours from artists including Can, Sun Ra Arkestra, Yola, Dry Cleaning, Lee Scratch Perry, The Mountain Goats, Anohni, Sir Tom Jones, Genesis Owusu, Kenny Gamble, Ghostface Killah and M.I.A. will launch Wednesdays on Sonos Sound System.
Sonos Radio is available free for all Sonos customers globally, pre-loaded in the Sonos app. Sonos Radio HD offers an expanded catalogue of original content streaming ad-free in high-definition, CD-quality audio with skips and repeats, currently available in the US and UK for $7.99 per month after a free 30-day trial. Listeners everywhere can tune-in to select Sonos Radio shows at www.mixcloud.com/sonos, and stay up-to-date with the latest Sonos Radio updates by following @sonosradio on Instagram.
Sonos (Nasdaq: SONO) is one of the world’s leading sound experience brands. As the inventor of multi-room wireless home audio, Sonos innovation helps the world listen better by giving people access to the content they love and allowing them to control it however and wherever they choose. Known for delivering an unparalleled sound experience, thoughtful design aesthetic, simplicity of use, and an open platform, Sonos makes the breadth of audio content available to anyone. Sonos is headquartered in Santa Barbara, California. Learn more at www.sonos.com.
About Sonos Radio
Sonos Radio is the premiere radio experience, only on Sonos. Built for and inspired by Sonos customers, Sonos Radio represents the broadest selection of radio available around the world, bringing together more than 60,000 broadcast radio stations from long-time partners along with dozens of exclusive original stations from Sonos. Available free to all customers globally, Sonos Radio is an ad-supported streaming radio service that comes pre-loaded in the Sonos App, bringing all streaming radio into one place from the moment customers set-up. Sonos original content is available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, and Denmark.
Available first in the United States and United Kingdom, Sonos Radio HD offers an upgraded, ad-free Sonos Radio experience that delivers an expanded catalogue of exclusive original content in high-definition, lossless CD-quality audio (16-bit/44.1 kHz FLAC). Customers who upgrade to Sonos Radio HD will enjoy all original stations across both tiers in high-definition audio with skips, repeats, and with no ads, excluding global broadcast stations.
Wenn ihr euch zu dem Thema austauschen wollt, schaut doch mal in unserer „Smart Speaker Gruppe“ auf Facebook vorbei. Dort findet ihr eine riesige Community, mit der ihr euch zu dem Thema austauschen könnt!